St. Machar Cathedral
St. Machar’s Cathedral is chiefly built of outlayer granite and is located to the north of the Aberdeen city centre in the former burgh of Old Aberdeen. In 1305 William Wallaces’ body was cut up and sent to different corners of the country to warn other dissenters. His left quarter ended up in Aberdeen and is buried in the walls of the cathedral. The church is under the care of Historic Scotland, and contain an important group of late medieval bishops’ tombs.